Global Health Studies' interdisciplinary nature has applications in a vast array of fields and prepares students to enter into any number of careers. Many students also pursue advanced degrees in the medical field and beyond. Alumni have gone on to work for national and international public health organizations, including the Clinton Global Initiative, Accretive Health, Riders for Health, the Department of Health and Human Services, Children's Memorial Hospital, and the Erie Family Health Center. Others work as television producers, social entrepreneurs, and human rights lawyers. Explore what some of our alumni are doing here and connect with other global health students and alumni in the Global Health LinkedIn Group.
WHile AT NORTHWESTERN
- Peruse the Career Prep Resources page as you start thinking about life after graduation.
- Work with health-related Student Groups on campus to meet other like-minded individuals and learn more about your areas of interest.
- Find a local Volunteer Opportunity to become involved with.
- Apply for Fellowships & Research opportunities, as well as Internships.
- Explore careers in public health, medicine, the social sciences, natural sciences, or communications.